Tuscan Kale and Bean Soup
Mama mia! That’s a tasty recipe! Not to mention fact, easy, healthy and gluten-free!
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste (or one can of diced tomatoes)
- 2 tablespoons of red wine vinegar
- 1 quart of chicken broth (or vegetable broth)
- 1 bunch of chopped kale, with the large stems removed
Simmer until the kale is tender.
- 1 (15-ounce) can of cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15-ounce) can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- Salt and pepper to taste
My family likes this spooned over brown rice. YUM!
The variations on this recipe are endless. Saute’ a diced onion with the garlic. Substitute chopped fresh tomatoes for the canned ones or add thinly sliced carrots with the kale.
The variations on this recipe are almost as endless as the challenges that seniors can face when downsizing their home. Moving Forward Inc. has been helping seniors downsize since 2004 and has all the right ingredients to help with your downsizing move!